What does a boiler service include?
Boiler servicing should be an item on your annual To-do list.
Ideally carried out in the summer months to avoid any long periods without heating or hot water should a fault be identified. It is also typically our quieter time of year so bookings are easier to come by.
Why should i service my boiler?
1. An annual boiler service is usually required to maintain any manufacturers warranty.
2. Seals and other components can degrade over time and become dangerous. Regular checks give piece of mind and keep you and you family safe.
3. You can pick up on issues before they escalate.
4. You could save money on your energy bills, our Gas Safe engineers will check that your boiler is running efficiently.
5. If you are a Landlord, it is a legal requirement
6. Some house insurance policies require a boiler service to maintain their validity.
How long does a boiler service take?
A boiler service usually takes between 40-60 minutes to complete.
Why do our customers buy from us?
1. We often get positive comments about how easy our booking system is for booking boiler services, gas safety checks and other services, it shows our availability and you can choose a day and time that best suits you.
2. You can always rely on HeatGlow to do a thorough job.
3. All of our engineers are Gas Safe registered.
4. We are a paperless company, we email a digital certificate record of the service or safety check.
5. We can setup an email reminder for next year.
6. We are a local company serving the areas of Cardiff, Penarth, Newport & Caerphilly.
Our Boiler service checklist will outline everything we check and physically do on a boiler service.
Even if you choose not to use HeatGlow, these are standard procedures in our book!
We will inspect you boiler and controls to ensure they are working correctly and safely.
The inspection will include checking your appliance for any leaks or corrosion.
Your boiler casing will be removed to check the functioning of its main components.
A gas pressure check will ensure your boiler is working at the correct gas pressure setting.
A flue gas analyser test will check that no unsafe emissions are being released from your boiler.
Your boiler's parts will be cleaned as required.
Your boiler casing seal will be checked before putting back on.
We will place a service reminder sticker on your appliance to remind you for next year.
A digital certificate will be filled out and emailed to you.
We can setup an email reminder for next year upon request.